The West Rutherford HOA is a private, not-for-profit association operated for the long-term benefit of its member residents. We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, elected by fellow residents at the Annual General Meeting.
Membership is automatic and mandatory for owners of all properties within the areas designated “Traditional Neighbourhood Design” (see The Community).
The West Rutherford HOA owns various neighbourhood amenities, maintenance of which is paid for through membership fees. Restrictive covenants and Encumbrances are registered on all lot titles within these boundaries.
Where the name “Rutherford” came from …
Rutherford takes its name from Alexander Cameron Rutherford (1857-1941) who was the first premier of Alberta. Creating an extensive pedestrian network throughout the neighbourhood was an important design principle. The utility corridor that diagonally runs the length of the neighbourhood provides an important pedestrian spine which connects the various walkways to activity nodes throughout the community. Virginia Park Woodland is dispersed to provide focal points throughout Rutherford and increase pedestrian connectivity. Prior to urban development Rutherford was a predominantly agricultural area with some country residential land use.
The WRHOA will:
Manage, supervise and maintain the infrastructure and amenities constructed in accordance with the articles of incorporation for the use, benefit and enjoyment of the West Rutherford community, in keeping with the objects of the Association.
Collect member’s annual fees and carry out all functions referenced above on behalf of the West Rutherford HOA members.
Our mission is to provide improved social and aesthetic value to the West Rutherford residents and owners through the management and maintenance of our common community areas.
Rutherford community is a neighborhood that is considered by residents and non-residents alike to be a desirable place in which to live and enjoy the benefits of family, friends and community.
In executing our objects, fulfilling our mission and achieving our vision we value honesty, fairness, firmness, equity, efficiency, transparency, common sense, participation, respect and cooperation in all our actions.
To that end we will:
- Encourage participation in our Association.
- Respect each other and the diverse needs of our homeowners. Take a fair, ethical and objective approach in representing the interests of all homeowners and treat each issue that comes before the board with respect.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and effective forums to actively listen to the concerns of the community and work with homeowners to resolve issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Make responsible decisions regarding the use of funds and assets belonging to the Association. Employ established management and accounting practices as well as sound judgment in making financial decisions.
- Conduct business with transparency by providing regular financial statements, meeting agendas and minutes to homeowners.
Operate and communicate in an honest, effective and professional manner.